I've done a little research and found ten simple ways you can bring happiness into your life today...and everyday.
1, Be with the people who make you smile. If they live far away, video chat or phone them. This is the perfect time to let them they know they make you happy!
2. Hold on to your values. Just because these are difficult and troubled times in the world, doesn't mean you should lose hope (or your happiness, either). Hanging on to your values and core beliefs will make you feel stronger and more hopeful. Connect with others who share your beliefs. Together we can make the world a better and happier place for every living being.
3. Accept the good. Look at your life and take stock of all the good you have in your life. Accept the good things, even when they're not perfect. Gratitude is sure way of finding, and holding onto, happiness. Your life is pretty good when you really think about it! 4. Imagine the best. Experts tell us that the best way to achieve our dreams and find happiness is to imagine the things really want and then see yourself getting them. The truth is, seeing yourself achieving your hopes and dreams is one of the best ways of actually achieving them! And, while you're imagining all those wonderful possibilities for your life, I can guarantee that you'll feel happier and more contented.
5. Do the things you love. Find time every day to engage in an activity that brings you joy. I have a friend who loves to bake. And even when she hasn't got the time or financial resources to bake, she still finds happiness in looking through new recipes. No matter what activities or hobbies bring you joy, find the time to fit them into your daily schedule.
6. Find purpose. Those humans, and frogs too, who belief they are contributing to the well-being of others tend to feel better about their own lives. Most of us want to feel that we are a part of something greater than ourselves. And when we do, we feel fulfilled. A fulfilling life is a happy life!
7. Listen to your heart. Only you know what makes you happy. It can be complicated following your bliss. But it can be done. Just be smart about it. Don't be afraid to take baby steps when you first get started. Like the old saying goes, "Rome wasn't built in a day." Most good things start off small. It can give you great satisfaction and, dare I say, happiness when you accomplish even small tasks towards making your dreams reality. What small step will you take today towards being a happier and more successful you?
8. Push yourself, not others. It's very easy to blame others for your unhappiness, but that will never bring you joy. Taking responsibility for our own happiness is empowering. Once you realize this, new doors will open wide with new possibilities. You have the power with in you to go where you want to go. Once you stop blaming the world, you'll find the answers you seek much quicker. You'll feel stronger, more self-assured and, yes, happier!
9. Be open to change. Heraclitus is credited with saying, "The only constant in life is change." We all know that change can often make us feel uncomfortable. But without change, we become stuck. Change is inevitable so why not learn to go with the flow? Accepting change and knowing that no matter what happens, we are strong enough to survive...even thrive, can give us a sense of peace, of security, and of happiness. Having a contingency or back-up plan helps, too. We can never be prepared for everything that might happen. Just do the best you can and know you'll end up wherever you need to be, even if it's not where you thought you were going. Don't worry. Be happy!
10. Bask in the simple pleasures. Spending time with those you love, being in nature, watching children play, listening to the frogs croak...these are the simple daily joys that make life worth living.
Happiness and fulfillment are within your grasp. Especially today. The Secret Society of Happy People (Yes, there really is such a group) encourages people to recognize their happy moments and think about happiness in their daily lives. They have two mottos, and ones you might want to adopt as your own: "Happiness Happens" and "Don't Even Think of Raining on My Parade!" Their purpose is to stimulate people's rights to express their happiness.
How to observe this special day? Simply be happy and share it with others! Oh, and don't forget to use #HappinessHappensDay on your social media to remind others to let their happiness shine through.