If you're not a photographer but have thought you might like to give it a try, today's the perfect day to pick up your camera...even if it's only on your cell phone, and spend a few hours outdoors. Not sure if nature photography is right for you? here are six compelling reasons to give it a try!
1. It's an ever-changing subject. What you see in nature today will either be gone tomorrow or will look different. Nature is ever-evolving so you'll never see the exact same thing. And different angles or camera-shots can produce entirely different versions of the same subject. For those of you photographing landscape, the weather affects how your image looks. Is the day sunny or stormy? Is it raining or windy? The same scene in winter will offer a much different view than that same scene in springtime. You'll never lack for subject matter!
2. It let's you become one with nature. There's no better excuse for spending time outdoors than heading out to take a few photos. As you line up your camera shot, you become one with your surroundings. You appreciate its beauty and diversity. Taking a close up of an animal in the wild, you become part of his world. There's no better feeling than capturing that perfect shot of nature at its finest.
3. Nature is easily accessible. No matter where you live, you can find nature. Cities have parks and hiking trails. All you need do is walk out your front door and you'll see things worth taking a photo of! There's no need to book a studio or pay a model. It's absolutely free. All you have to do is start clicking the shutter.
4. Nature photography is relaxing. Got too much stress in your life? This is the perfect way to unwind. After a stressful day or week, there's nothing quite as refreshing as grabbing your camera and heading out alone for a walk in nature. Day or night, nature offers many rewarding ways to unwind, relax, and forget the pressures of the human world. And it'll give you some breath-taking camera shots, too!
5. Everybody loves nature. Everybody loves nature in one form or fashion, even those whom say they don't. Whether it's a sweeping landscape, a bird flying effortlessly through the sky, or a panoramic view of stars, natures offers lots to love. When done correctly. nature photographs will transport the viewer to another place and time. They'll stand in your shoes and see the scene as you saw it. Natures photography offers a window into the a world that not everyone might get to see.
6. Nature photography raises the profile of the environment and our planet. nature photography can encourage others to see the world in new ways; to appreciate the beauty of our home. It can help raise awareness of the environmental dangers that we face. Your amateur photographs can help raise awareness of the natural world and help promote conservation. And that's a pretty big thing!
So grab your camera and head out this weekend to take a few photographs of the places you love...or discover new ones to enjoy. Then post your pics on social media using #NaturePhotographyDay.
Whatever plans include this weekend, take along your camera. You never know what amazing images await your creative eye. I invite you all back here on Monday, but until then enjoy your weekend and stay safe.