All Is Ours Day can mean different things to different folks but for me, it means that the really important things in life belong to us; not just to me or you, but all of us. The Earth and all its resources belong not just to a few select humans but to every living thing. And All Is Ours Day is an opportunity to share that bounty with the ones we love. Today is also about making every day a special day. When you get the opportunity to spend time in Nature with friends and family...doesn't that make the day feel special? Or when you share experiences with friends, like watching a movie or cooking a meal together...don't those times also feel kind of special? But what about your average day, the days when you go to work or to school and have errands or chores to do? Shouldn't those days be special, too? I think so. If you need some help coming up with ways to make Monday, or any day special, here are a few ideas that might help inspire you.
1. Have an epic attitude. Every single day is ours; a chance to embrace a new experience and live out the life of our dreams. Come to understand, and know in your heart (and brain) that yesterday's circumstances have nothing to do with today. So while you might be stuck in commuter traffic, don't fret over it, use that time to plan something fun or to think about your upcoming vacation. Heck, think about your dog or your cat and how happy they are to see you...every single time you walk through the door. Think happy thoughts. They make the waiting time more pleasurable and it's amazing the stuff you can accomplish mentally!
2. Wake up 30 minutes earlier. Give yourself time to ease into your morning. There's nothing more stressful (and useless) than rushing around in trying to get out of the door on time. Use your extra time to read, do some stretching exercises or a little yoga, meditate, prepare breakfast...You can do a lot in 30 minutes!
3. Complete one "high-level" task each day. And the earlier in the day you can get it done, the better. The key word is completion. It harnesses the momentum that can carry you along throughout your day.
4. Craft a plan. Don't plan your day down to the millisecond, but do sketch out a list of the things that need to be accomplished. If feels good to check things off that list.
5. Turn up the music you love. Listening to a few of your favorite tunes makes everything more fun. Whether you are in your car, at the gym, or doing the laundry...music makes us happy. it makes us feel good. can you imagine a party without music? Neither can I. Want to make each day feel more like a party? Just add a little music!
6. Use the power of gratitude. Any time you can truly, authentically dig deep and find all the amazing things in your life you can be grateful for, your internal and external state will shift and you will be open to receive more.
7. Lift others up with an abundance mentality. Send a few kind messages, texts, notes, tweets, and handwritten cards, whatever it may be to other people. Lifting others up helps to lift ourselves us. Be the sunshine in someone else's cloudy day and you'll find that the sun will shine a little brighter in your own world.
8. Each day, have one meaningful conversation. Every single day, have a deep, meaningful conversation with someone in which you both truly connect. To establish a connection that goes deeper than the surface area requires vulnerability and letting your guard down; that means telling someone how you really feel, unveiling a belief or a challenge and simply being real.
9. Perform a random act of kindness. Every day we encounter opportunities to help someone out, yet a lot of times we stop ourselves short. Why? There's never usually a good reason. So starting today and every day, perform a random act of kindness. it can be as simple as holding open a door, letting a car cut in front of you, giving a big smile to an elder at the grocery store. Or telling a silly joke to a little kid who's fussing. Take a moment to treat others the way you want others to treat you.
10. Laugh really hard. Embracing humor is essential to not taking yourself too seriously. Find the comedic angle in situations that, at first, don't seem too funny. If you look, you'll find one. Surround yourself with others who make you laugh. Having a lightheartedness about life is crucial to feeling amazing.
The beauty of nature, the laughter of children, music, kindness, and too many others to mention...are all ours. They don't discriminate between rich and poor, young or old, black or white (or green). National All Is Ours Day can be looked at as a time to reflect on all of the beauty of nature and all the wonderful things in life. All the natural wonders of the world are there for all to enjoy. Become aware of all of the beauty in your surroundings. All of these spectacular gifts we have been given are shared by all. National All Is Ours Day is a day to appreciate everything we have. We shouldn't dwell on what we don’t have. All that we have is a blessing, and our lives are a blessing. Use #NationalAllIsOursDay to post your special moments on all your social media.
Please stop back by tomorrow for a look at a few common words that we commonly misuse. Don't you just hate it when you do that? Tomorrow's blog can help.
All Is Ours Day.