All Is Ours Day can mean different things to different folks but for me, it means that the really important things in life belong to us; not just to me or you, but all of us. The Earth and all its resources belong not just to a few select humans but to every living thing. And All Is Ours Day is an opportunity to share that bounty with the ones we love. Today is also about making every day a special day. When you get the opportunity to spend time in Nature with friends and family...doesn't that make the day feel special? Or when you share experiences with friends, like watching a movie or cooking a meal together...don't those times also feel kind of special? But what about your average day, the days when you go to work or to school, and have errands or chores to do? Shouldn't those days be special, too? I think so. If you need some help coming up with ways to make Monday, or any day special, here are a few ideas that might help inspire you.
1. Have an epic attitude. Every single day is ours; a chance to embrace a new experience and live out the life of our dreams. Come to understand, and know in your heart (and brain) that yesterday's circumstances have nothing to do with today. So while you might be stuck in commuter traffic, don't fret over it, use that time to plan something fun or to think about your upcoming vacation. Heck, think about your dog or your cat and how how happy they are to see you...every single time you walk through the door. Think happy thoughts. They make the waiting time more pleasurable and it's amazing the stuff you can accomplish mentally!
2. Wake up 30 minutes earlier. Give yourself time to ease into your morning. There's nothing more stressful (and useless) than rushing around in trying to get out of the door on time. Use your extra time to read, do some stretching exercises or a little yoga, meditate, prepare breakfast...You can do a lot in 30 minutes!
3. Complete one "high-level" task each day. And the earlier in the day you can get it done, the better. The key word is completion. It harnesses the momentum that can carry you along throughout your day.
4. Craft a plan. Don't plan your day down the the millisecond, but do sketch out a list of the the things that need to be accomplished. If feels good to check things off that list.
5. Turn up the music you love. Listening to a few of your favorite tunes makes everything more fun. Whether your in the car, at the gym, or doing the laundry...music makes us happy. it makes us feel good. can you imagine a party without music? Neither can I. Make everyday a party with music.
6. Use the power of gratitude. Any time you can truly, authentically dig deep and find all the amazing things in your life you can be grateful for, your internal and external state will shift and you will be open to receive more.
7. Lift others up with an abundance mentality. Send a few kind messages, texts, notes, tweets, and handwritten cards, whatever it may be to other people. Lifting others up helps to lift ourselves us. Be the sunshine in someone else's cloudy day and you'll find that the sun will shine a little brighter in your own world.