Ralph Waldo Emerson wisely said, "For every minute that you're angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness." This may seem like a silly question but, how do you want to spend your time?
Another element of this day strictly prohibits squashing anyone else's happiness. We may find someone else's happiness a bit irritating. We may think they're being foolish. No matter is going on in own lives, that doesn't give any of us the right to pour water on another's happiness. And, who knows? Their ability to smile may brighten up our own day...if we let it. Happiness is contagious, after all.
If you need a few simple tricks to become, then stay happy, keep reading!
1. Gratitude. Try to be grateful for every moment of your life. The opposite of life isn't a great alternative. So even breathing can become an act of happiness.
2. Savor your alone time. In this busy world, most of us don't get much time to ourselves to do as we please. When those rare times do present themselves, savor them. Alone time allows us to recharge our brains and an opportunity to explore our own interests.
3. Enjoy a cup of positivi-tea! Spend time finding a little good in everything. it's a waste of time to dwell in the past or ruminate about the future. You're here right now and this moment is what we should be celebrating. Positivi-tea tastes great and can be sipped alone or shared with others.
4. Help others. If you want to feel good, then do good for someone else. Make someone else's day beautiful. In return, yours will become glorious, too!
5. Try out a little humility. Sure, having self-confidence is a good thing but feeling over-confident and superior aren't.
6. Respect everyone and respect nature. "Respect is a two-way street; if you want to get it, you must first give it." ~ R. G. Risch
7. Laugh loudly and laugh often. Laughter is the best medicine. Laughter is good therapy, too. "A good laugh heals a lot of hurts." ~ Madeleine L'Engle
8. Honestly, being honest can bring on happiness. Knowing that we are honest with ourselves and with others increases trustworthiness, loyalty, and the value of a person.
9. Do your best. When I know that I am putting forth my best effort, I get a higher sense of satisfaction with my life. Do good, and you will have good. Most good things don't happen overnight. It's like planting flowers. The seeds take time to germinate, sprout and produce beautiful blooms.
Be sure and share your happiness today. use #HappinessHappensday to post your happy thoughts and photos on all your social media platforms.
PS. In case you are wondering, this awesome day was created in 1999 by a group who calls themselves, The Secret Society of Happy People. Originally it was called Admit Your Happy Day. "Happiness Happens Day was created to recognize and express happiness. August 8th was chosen as it is the anniversary of the first membership in 1998.
Tomorrow is another wonderful and fun day to celebrate. It's Book Lovers Day. I have a few oddly interesting facts about books to share with you. I'm pretty sure you won't want to miss those! Until then, I wish you