Here are the top seven priciest cars...at least by my research!
7. The Lefarri FXXK. This sweet little ride will only set you back a mere $2.7 million. It is the upper end in the italian automaker Ferrari family. As for the all-important 0 to 60 measurement, this little Italian job has the other hypercars on our list beat, coming in at 2.4 seconds on the track.
6. Next up, is the Bugatti Chiron priced at $2.9 million. These French cars have a 1500 horsepower engine. And unlike some hypercars, the Chiron's exterior design is a model of restrained elegance rather than no-holds-barred flamboyance. What else would expect from the always classy French?
5. Comin in at a cool $3.2 million is the Aston Martin Valkyrie. It may bear the classic Aston martin name but this British car bears little resemblance to the tradidional james Bond-style chassis. it was developed in conjunction with Red Bull Racing and blurs the line between street vehicle and road racer. The driver and passenger sit in a reclined position that mimics Formula One drivers. Red Bull does have wings!
4. In fourth place is the Lykan Hypersport, priced at $3.5 million. This vehicle claims the title of the first luxury auto built entirely in the Middle East. It is manufactured by W Motors of Dubai. It's target customers are "ultra high net worth individuals." They seem to have used the diamond as inspiration for the car's design. "Not only is its futuristic exterior characterized by a series of multi-faceted angles, no less than 220 diamonds and other precious stones ring its headlights. It also boasts a beast of an engine that easily achieves 0 to 60 in 2.7 seconds."
3. The Lamborghini Veneno sells for only $4.5 million. It is an open-air car (no top) that barely qualifies as street-legal racer. The exterior is drop-dead gorgeous while the engine is a 740 horsepower dynamo. It is named for a famed fighting bull.
2. The Koenigsegg CCSR Trevita is for those with very fat wallets. The price tag for this Swedish beauty is $4.8 million. Sweden is known mostly for their "breadbox" shaped Volvos. This vehicle is definitely not that! Roughly translated, the car's name is "three whites" and refers to "a unique coated fiber solution that transforms traditional black carbon fibers used in automobile manufacturing to a silvery white, which sparkles when the sunlight hits the body." But it isn't just another pretty car. The Trevita goes from 0 to 60 mph in a scary 2.9 seconds.
1. Topping off our list of most-expensive cars is the Rolls Royce Sweptail. The priciest car in the world is another English beauty. This one, however, costs $13 million. The car began as a custom-order and could take five years to build. each one is still made by hand...no assembly line production here. It offers the kind of British craftsmanship that people have come to expect from a Rolls Royce. But the Sweptail bears little resemblance to other Rolls Royce Phantom coupes. "Its front end is decidedly more muscular, thanks to an oversized grille and squared off corners, while the back end bears the kind of slick streamlining usually reserved for sports cars—hence the model's name." Owner's of a Sweptail can expect their car to reach a top speed of 150 miles per hour. Now that's a lot of bang for your buck!
I know I'll never have to worry about owning one of these cars but it is still loads of fun to learn about the cars of the rich and famous. I hope you have some wonderful plans for the weekend and can take advantage of the wonderful end-of-summer weather. But whatever you wind up doing, please have fun and stay safe.