Section 1 - Positive thought about yourself
- Acceptence; The ability to accept yourself and your emotions non-judgmentally
- Positive self-views; The ability to see yourself as a good and worthwhile human (or frog)
- Clarity: The ability to understand what you value, how you feel, and who you are.
- Positive reappraisal; The ability to change your thoughts that will help you experience longer-lasting, more intense, or more frequent positive emotion.
- Rejection tolerance; (this one's HARD, for me anyway) The ability to perceive the actions of others as inclusive rather than rejecting.
- Emapthy; The ability to put yourself in another's shoes and see the world through their eyes.
- Gratitude; The ability to be thanjful for experiences and people/frogs you have in your life.
- Letting go; The ability to stop fretting and thinking about negative interpersonal situations.
- Planning; The ability to develop effective strategies and take actions that progress you towards your goals.
- Growth mindset; The belief that your strengths can be developed through hard work and dedication.
- Self-care; The ability to resist engaging in unhealthy behaviors to increase happiness.
- Prioritizing positivity; The ability to make time for, and consistently schedule, activities that you enjoy.
- Kindness; The ability to be friendly, generous, andconsiderate of others.
- Autonomy; The ability to resist the influence of others, make your own independent decisions, and take action based on your unique values.
- Expressivity; The ability to easily communicate and share intimate aspects of yourself with others.
- Assertiveness; The ability to stand up for yourself, speak up, and communicate your needs.
Once you've decided on which skill to work on, the next step is to schedule a time to practice it. And, of course, it's vey important NOT to skip the practice. You remember what happened when you skipped your piano lesson, right? Nothing. You never learned to play the piano and now you wished you had. So practice, practice, practice.
I hope that you find some, or all, of this helpful. Now that I have my list of skills to work on, it's time for me to hop off....
Wishing you a beautiful and HAPPY day!