1. Mentally strong humans (and frogs, too, of course) don't have to act tough to be tough. Being mentally strong doesn't mean becoming a robot or have a tough exterior. What it does mean is acting in line with your core values.
2. Mentally strong humans don't ignore their emotions. To become more emotionally strong, don't suppress your emotions but, rather, develop a keen awareness of them. It's all about interpreting your emotions and how they can affect your thoughts and behaviors.
3. Mentally strong humans aren't completely self-reliant. Admitting you don't have all the answers and asking for help when you need it are signs of an inner desire to grow stronger.
4. Mentally strong humans don't always think positively. researchers tell us that thinking overly-positive thoughts can be just as detrimental as the negative ones. Mental strength is about thinking realistically and rationally.
5. Mentally strong humans don't necessarily chase happiness. When you're emotionally strong, you tend to be more content with your life as it is. Mentally strong people don't wake up every morning and force themselves to feel happy. Instead, it more about waking up and knowing you can make decisions that will help you reach your full potential.
I don't know about you, but I like the idea of being better equipped to handle problems and obstacles when they occur. And these five values are things that everyone can implement.
Becoming mentally strong is just as important as becoming physically fit and doesn't require an expensive membership to the gym.