It's hard to believe that we're in November...ten months down and two to go. Many, including me, can argue that November and December are the two best months of the year. That's despite the fact that these months have fewer daylight hours and, generally, don't have the best weather. But the holiday season makes up for any shortcomings November (and December) may have. But November is about far more than Thanksgiving and official start of the holiday season. So without further ado, let's look at all the special days to celebrate this month!
1. National Authors' Day, National Cinnamon Day, National Family Literacy Day, National Cook For Your Pets Day, National Brush Day.
2. National Deviled Egg Day, National Bison Day.
3. National Housewife's Day, National Sandwich Day, Daylight Savings Time Ends.
4. National Chicken Lady Day, National Candy Day (Shouldn't that have been on 31, October?), Color The World Orange Day, Job Action Day, Traffic Directors Day.
5. National Donut Day, National Love Your Red Hair Day.
6. National Nachos Day, National Saxophone Day, National Stress Awareness Day.
7. National Cash back Day, National Bittersweet Chocolate With Almonds Day, National Men Make Dinner Day (No BBQ allowed!).
8. National Cappuccino Day, National Parents As Teachers Day, National STEM/STEAM Day.
9. National Scrapple Day (not, that's not a typo). Other that this, it's a free day so why not plan on celebrating something that's special to you?
10. Marine Corp Birthday, National Forget-Me-Not Day, National Vanilla Cupcake Day.
11. National Sundae Day, Veteran's Day.
12. National French Dip Day, National Pizza With The Works Except Anchovies Day, National Chicken Soup For The Soul day.
13. National Indian Pudding Day (This stuff is soooo good!), World Kindness Day (I vote to make this an everyday occurrence!)
14. National Family PJ Day, National Pickle Day, National Spicy Guacamole Day.
15. National Bundt (Pan) Day, National Philanthropy Day, National Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day, National Spicy Hermit Cookie Day, National Raisin Bran Cereal Day, America Recycles Day.
16. National Fast Food Day, National Button Day.
17. National Baklava Day, National Take A Hike Day, National Homemade Bread Day.
18. National Princess Day, National Vichyssoise Day (good hot or cold), Mickey Mouse Birthday.
19. National Carbonated Beverage With Caffeine Day, Play Monopoly Day.
20. National Peanut Butter Fudge Day, National Absurdity Day, National Educational Support Professionals Day.
21. National Gingerbread Cookie Day, National Stuffing Day, National Red Mitton Day, Great American Smokeout, National Rural Health Day.
22. National Cranberry Relish Day. (Another nearly empty day for you to celebrate whatever you please!)
23. National Cashew Day, National Eat A Cranberry Day, National Espresso Day, National Adoption Day.
24. National Sardine Day (I guess everything is entitled to have a special day, eh?)
25. National Play Day With Dad Day, National Parfait Day, Blase Day, Shopping Reminder Day.
26. National Cake Day.
27. National Tie One On Day (No, it's not what you think!), National Bavarian Cream Pie Day, National Jukebox Day.
28. National French Toast Day, National Day of Mourning, Thanksgiving, Turkey-free Thanksgiving.
29. Electronic Greetings Day, National Day of Listening Day, National Native American Heritage Day, Black Friday, Buy Nothing Day (the anti-Black Friday Day), Flossing Day, Maize Day, Your Welcoming Day.
30. Personal Space Day (After all the holiday company we need this day!), National Mason Jar Day, National Mousse Day, Computer Security Day, Stay Home Because You're Well Day, Small Business Saturday.
Whew! That's a lot of food to celebrate. But it all fits in with Thanksgiving which is, afterall, a day that we feast until we nearly explode! No matter which days you choose to celebrate I hope this November is one to remember. And don't forget to come back by at the end of the month for a look at December's Special Days.