1. National Pie Day, National Eat a Red Apple Day, Bifocals at the Monitor Liberation Day, National Day Without ART (A national day of action and mourning in response to the AIDS crisis), and Rosa Parks Day.
2. National Fritters Day, National Mutt Day, Special Education Day, Faux Fur Friday (Faux is always better than real!).
3. National Roof Over Your Head Day (This is a day set aside to be grateful for what you have, starting with the roof over your head), Skywarn Recognition Day (A day to recognize and thank the public service volunteers in our communities who provide essential weather information, as it is happening, that helps to keep us all a little safer.)
4. National Sock Day, National Cookie Day (A great day to start your own holiday cookie
5. National Sacher Torte Day (One of my favorites), Bathtub Party Day (A day to skip the shower and luxuriate in the simple pleasures of a soak in the tub. Add a rubber ducky for extra fun), International Ninja Day.
6. World Trickshot Day (Do you know a basketball trick, or two? If so, this day is for you), National Microwave Oven Day (Ah yes, "Chef" Mike....what we all do without him?)
7. National Pearl Harbor Rebemberance Day, National Cotton Candy Day.
8. National Brownie Day, National Pretend to be a Time Traveler Day.
9. National Pastry Day; Weary Willie Day (In honor of the character made famous by Clown-Extraordinaire, Emmett Kelley)
10. Dewey Decimal System, Human Rights Day (Yippee!) Nobel Prize Day.
11. UNICEF Birthday
12. Gingerbread House Day, Poinsettia Day
13. Hot Cocoa Day (What's not to love about this day?), National Violin Day, National Day of the Horse (A day for us to remember the contributions of horses to the econmy, history, and character of the United States.)
14. National Bouillabasse Day (One of the best seafood stews/soups ever!)
15. National Wear Your Pearls Day, Bill of Rights Day, Cat Herder Day, National Cupcake Day.
16. National Chocolate-covered Anything Day (Except frog's legs of course). Barbie and Barney Backlash Day, National Ugly Christmas Sweater Day, Underdog Day (Hey, we're all rooting for you!)
17. National Maple Syrup Day, Wright Brothers Day, National Wreaths Across America Day (A movement to cover every veteran's grave with a Christmas wreath).
18. Answer the Telephone Like Buddy the Elf Day.
19. National Hard Candy Day, National Oatmeal Muffin Day.
20. Mudd Day (Dr. Samuel Mudd's birthday).
21. Crossword Puzzle Day, Humbug Day, Phileas Fogg Win a Wager Day, Winter Soltice (the shortest day of he year), National Homeless Person's Day, National Flashlight Day.
22. National Date Nut Bread Day, Forefathers Day (A day celebrated in Plymouth, MA commemorating the landing of the Pilgrims), National Re-Gifting Day.
23. National Pfeffernusse Day, National Roots Day (A day to encourage us to look into our heritage, family history, and ancestry), Festivus (All you Seinfeld fans know what this is).
24. National Eggnog Day, Christmas Eve, Chanukah Begins.
25. National Pumpkin Pie Day, A'Phebet Day (Or No "L" Day...get it...Noel?) and, of course, Christmas!
26. National Candy Cane Day, National Thank You Note Day, National Whiner's Day, Boxing Day (Canada and England).
27. National Fruitcake Day (I don't know about you, but I kinda like this stuff).
28. National Chocolate Candy Day (You mean this is celebrated EVERY day?), National Card Playing Day, Pledge of Allegiance Day.
29. National Pepper Pot Day, Tick Tock Day (countdown to the end of the year...)
30. National Bicarbonate of Soda Day, Bacon Day (Another day that should be celebrated every day!), No interruptions Day.
31. National Champagne Day, Leap Second Time Adjustment Day, Make Up Your Mind Day, Universal Hour of Peace, New Year's Eve.
I've got my list of days to celebrate. How about you? There are some mighty-fine days in December, I mean besides Christmas and new Year's Eve...and I'm excited to celebrate many of them. Have a great month!