To celebrate IWD, and in honor of my mom, I have prepared a list for you of some important reasons why women are wonderful! (As if you didn't already know.)
1. Nature is conceived as female, as in Mother Nature. The word nature in its original Latin form (natura) means birth. To ask the nature of something is, in fact, asking how something was born. Literally and metaphorically, women define nature and the world.
2. Women are better at communicating and connecting with others. They use language to feel close to people, not to confront them. Women are warm and loving.
3. Women have better emotional memory.
4. Women are intellectually advanced and existentially secure. A recent study showed that women have higher IQs.
5. Women can remember where things are better than men.
6. The most famous caregiver in the world was a woman. (Mother Teresa)
7. Women are born with a multi-tasking gene. This may not be scientifically true, but women are way better at performing multiple tasks simultaneously.
8. Women are the giant shoulders that men have stood upon for generations. Think of the saying, "Behind every successful man there is a woman."
9. Women are wonderful because their strength is silent; it's willful and confident but not overwrought or bulky. Women are as tough as nails. They've had to fight...and continue to fight for equal rights. And have you ever noticed that women don't feel the need to "crow" about their success?
10. Statistically, women commit fewer violent crimes than do men. (They're kinder, loving, and gentler beings)
11. Women tend to live longer than men.
12. The most famous painting in the world is of a woman and her enigmatic smile. (Mona Lisa). And finally,
13. None of us would be here if it wasn't for our moms!
The theme for this year's International Women's Day is Balance For Better because a balanced world is a better world. How can you celebrate IWD? Celebrate women's achievement. Raise awareness against bias. Take action for equality. And if you're a guy, be sure and thank women today for all they do. And if you have the opportunity, speak up against gender discrimination.
That does it for me this week. I'm off to spend the weekend with family and friends for some much-needed R & R. Whatever your plans are, I hope you'll spend a little time with the women you love. From my mom, and from me, we want to wish you a happy International Women's Day 2019. Have a great weekend and please stop back by on Monday. Until then, I wish you PEACE.